Hello! I’m Mikey 👋.
Senior Designer at Department for Work and Pensions
I am an experienced designer and daydreamer who thrives on solving design problems. I am a curious designer, enthusiastic in building great user-experiences that extend outside of the screen, as well as leading, mentoring and coaching designers, and eating pizza 🍕.
I co-design on whiteboards with rooms full of people, pitch and present to clients and stakeholders, design solutions, code stuff, mentor (Lets Learn Things), write thoughts down, do talks and tell
terrible dad jokes.
Blog posts, social accounts and projects.
What else I'm working on
Bobbin and Bumble
I’ve worked with...
I worked with TOM SIMCOX at DWP, where we worked on the Benefit Fraud project.
“Michael has amazing ability, both as a front-end developer and user experience designer. The product was unquestionably better for this collaborative approach and for him always challenging the team to better meet user needs. I whole-heartedly recommend him to any organisation that values user-centred and results driven design.”
- Instigated a design process at Sky Bet and led the team through growth and assisted in getting design internally valued
- Lead designer of Sky Sports Super 6, and facilitated workshops, user research to assist in getting the app to top of the iPhone download charts
- Lead designer and front-end developer at Premier Food Safety, pushing the company to be a market leader in America
- Helped the team at Jet2 to re-design and develop Jet2.com and Jet2holidays
- Brought into many leading agencies from Manchester, Leeds and Los Angeles to act as design lead on multiple projects
- Previous experience include projects for Department for Work and Pensions, Remington, Jet2.com, British Airways, Argos, Regatta amongst others